Improve Your System
Reliable Platform ServicesTM (RPS) middleware enables the development of highly reliable real-time systems based on COTS computing components. It features:
- Fault protection services for the complete system, supporting dynamic fault tolerance over changing configurations or operating modes including maintenance and upgrades
- Reduced life-cycle cost relative to hardware-based fault-tolerance
- Transparent Fault Detection, Isolation and Removal (FDIR) services
- Automatic system startup and isolation of faulty components prior to commencing mission activities
- Uninterrupted delivery of services in the presence of faults
- Deployment of reliable systems composed of COTS hardware and software components
- Insulation of hosted applications from details of the hardware platform and operating system environment
- Compatibility with the Future Airborne Capability Environment (FACE)
- Modular Open Systems Approach (MOSA) Support
Reliable Platform technology was the basis for the Virginia Class submarine ship control system upgrade and Columbia submarine X-by-wire fault-tolerant architectures that support decades of operation through maintenance and upgrades.
See the Reliable Platform brochure for more details.